Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Millionaire Pond

 
Welcome to part 3 of the Pond Saga. Today we spent time making the pond more presentable. We filled it with water (we really only meant to add about a foot of water, oops), added rocks around the outside and we have been adding sand around the outside to make it appear more natural.
Gabe pointed out that our pond is about twice the size of most ponds...except those of millionaires. Its good to be king...I mean, a Sheva Fellow.
There has been a lot of excitement about the pond here for all of us. We have been planning and waiting for a very long time and it is such a pleasure to see it actually becoming realized. In my own way I welcomed the pond into our community today. I know that it is unfinished and there is still much work and play to be done with our pond but the moment came and I couldn't refuse. I kneeled down next to the pond and I slowly lowered my hands into the crystal clear water and felt its delicious coolness run up my fingers past my palms and all the way up to my wrists. I luxuriated for what must have only been moments but seemed like a full minute in its cool embrace and though I don't think I realized it at the time I said a silent and wordless prayer of thanks for that beautiful moment of respite that took me away from myself.
What better kindness could a millionaire, a Jew, or even a Sheva Fellow ask for?

No comments: